Academy videos covering key concepts centered around student portfolios, their creation and content are under production right now. In this section of Academy, we will be providing videos on:
- How to personally brand yourself and your portfolio site
- Key content related to your education, and what skills you have learned
- Necessary sections to make yourself stand out
- What visitors will be looking for and noticing about your through your portfolio site
- What employers will be looking for that can be showcased
- Important design considerations to make sure that your site is professional throughout
- What portions of the site are best utilized for specific content
- Best uses of media (images and video) in your site
- Visitor interactivity
Building Portfolio 101: Personal Branding
When you share content online, you have the opportunity to apply your own personal touch to it. This can be considered your signature mark, and used to help differentiate you from other students. Your brand is important to your professors, your school, and your future employer. Showcase yourself the best you can. Seek feedback, and modify to meet the criticisms received.
Building Portfolio 102: Content and Congruency
We will be posting videos here which are currently under production. We will cover the key content that is sought after most in student portfolios. Showcasing yourself is not presentation alone, but requires content that is applicable to your future interests. As mentioned by Calvin above, Your content can follow the flow demonstrated in the pdf file below.
Building Portfolio 103: Presentation and Consistency
We will be posting videos here which are currently under production. In this video tutorial, we cover the concepts around website design that bring a professional aspect to your student life. Showcasing media in the correct definition, quality, and areas of your website make key impressions on your visitors. Following the suggestions in this area, you will find a more professional showcase of your abilities.